Every year I start to get anxious for Spring to get here, the weather starts to get warmer and I am more than ready to start my Spring cleaning. This year I am going to do my Spring cleaning a little differently. After such a horrible cold and flu season I want to make sure I not only clean but I disinfect. That's part of the new concept from LYSOL® called Healthing. You don't want to just use water or a towel to clean and dust areas of your home, you want to make sure you disinfect and kill any germs lingering around!
As a Mom keeping my family as healthy as possible is incredibly important, I take Healthing seriously and so does LYSOL®! Check out LYSOL's Healthing Initiative. It's because of LYSOL® I am able to keep my family safe from unhealthy bacteria and able to kill 99.9% of the germs that can be around. Two of my favorite LYSOL® products are the Disinfectant Spray and the Disinfectant Wipes. I am able to spray areas that I wouldn't normally be able to disinfect and the wipes are great for using in the kitchen and bathrooms. I also use many other LYSOL® products to keep our home clean and disinfected, and now that my kids are old enough to help they have their own favorites too.
A few of Lysol's Healthing Tips:
1. Don't let spring cleaning overwhelm you - take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you to get the job done effectively, including LYSOL® products, paper towels, sponges, and trash bags.
2. Use a disinfectant product, like LYSOL® Disinfecting Wipes, to help ensure you're killing germs as you clean, and think beyond the usual places. Be sure to clean even the smallest surfaces, such as light switches.
3. Don't forget to disinfect places that you don't see or think about often, like the door knobs, cabinet handles or sink drains.
4. Make it a family activity and tailor tasks to specific age groups. Give younger children simpler, one-step tasks like dusting or picking toys up off the floor, and save the more complex jobs, such as vacuuming, scrubbing, and disinfecting for older members of the family.
5. Remember to practice proper hand washing as well after you clean, either with soap and water for 20 seconds or a hand sanitizer. Hand washing is the single most important thing you can do to prevent illness, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
LYSOL® teamed up with Guiliana Rancic to spread the word about Healthing by visiting YMCA's all across the country. They are educating the attendees with a hands-on approach, sharing the steps to practice Healthing the correct way and making it fun for kids. LYSOL® will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the YMCA's along with a donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family!
To take part in the LYSOL® Healthing Initiative and to learn more about Healthing check out these sites:
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.